🎄 HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO ONE AND ALL
We wish you a wonderful, stress-free holiday season and look forward to working with you all in the New Year.
Season’s greetings from Gareth, Ali and Fraser
March 27, 2019
SEARCHING FOR TALENT? HIRE A JOURNALIST
In the past decade, tens of thousands of reporters have lost their jobs. And many more will in the future.
This may be bad news for journalism, but it’s good news for many other professions, which will benefit from the wealth of skills and experience reporters bring to the workplace. Read More
December 26, 2018
HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO YOU 🎄
We’d like to wish all our readers a very happy Christmas and a sparkling start to 2019.
As it is the season of giving, we urge you to donate generously to two charities we’re proud to support:
- Reporters Without Borders – which defends media freedom and journalists’ safety.
- The Lenaic Fund for Quality Journalism – which helps female graduates kick-start their journalism career.
We look forward to working with you in 2019 to make the world a clearer place.
November 28, 2017
MAKE YOUR QUOTES QUOTABLE
- Use colourful, vivid language that paints a picture.
- Voice strong opinions rather than bore people with facts, context and process.
- Make use of rhetorical devices like contrast and repetition.
- Cut all jargon, process and acronyms. Use clear, simple language.
September 29, 2016
HOW JOURNALISTS HAVE BECOME HOOKED ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Almost half of journalists and media professionals say they couldn’t work without social media, yet many believe it has affected their productivity and is undermining traditional journalistic values, a new Cision report finds. The study also finds that the overwhelming majority of reporters prefer to be pitched by email, not phone. No time to read the report? We’ve condensed its main findings for you.