Our March newsletter has blossomed – happy spring
SEARCHING FOR TALENT? HIRE A JOURNALIST
In the past decade, tens of thousands of reporters have lost their jobs. And many more will in the future.
This may be bad news for journalism, but it’s good news for many other professions, which will benefit from the wealth of skills and experience reporters bring to the workplace.
Read the latest blog from MD Gareth Harding on why your company should consider adding a journalist to your team.
THE BEST PUBLISHING TOOL YOU’VE PROBABLY NEVER HEARD OF
Publishing content online can be incredibly tedious, especially when you have to publish for different audiences across different platforms.
But what if, with the click of a button, you could share your content across your blog, social media channels and more – saving you up to six hours per article?
This tool exists, and it’s called StoryChief.
Hear from our Marketing & Communication Manager Ali Colwell on why this tool is a must-have for anyone working in content marketing.
NEW COURSE: LEADING SUCCESSFUL WEBINARS
More and more companies are turning to webinars to inform, educate and communicate with clients and prospects.
If your company is thinking about hosting webinars, our newest course might be the perfect fit.
Alongside trainer Andras Baneth, who has nearly 10 years of experience as a webinar aficionado, you will learn:
- Online training vs. other forms of training: pros and cons
- Formats and concepts: video conference, webinar, webcast, blended training
- Slides: dos and don’ts
- When to use live video feed and when to avoid it
- How to make webinars interactive
- Best practices for speakers/presenters
- Suggested platforms to use – and avoid
- Recording and reusing the content
FINAL CALL – WRITING WITH IMPACT ON MARCH 28
Today is your last chance to register for our one-day course on writing with impact, led by MD Gareth Harding in partnership with the European Centre for Public Affairs.
Learn how to write punchy op-eds, sparkling quotes, memorable speeches and powerful position papers.
For full details and registration, follow this link. We look forward to seeing you there!
- If you missed our News & Booze on audiovisual storytelling, be sure to check out Chloé Mikolajczak’s write-up of the event to get the full recap.
- Journalists call this tactic of publicly pursuing interviewees ‘doorstepping.’ Do you think this is harassment or simply part of the job?
- The EU Council put together a brilliant video about a group of young people creating reusable straws and contributing to the EU’s green revolution. Check it out here.
- We love seeing our clients putting their trainings into practice, as you can see here with The Society of Audiovisual Editors. If you’ve created anything as a result of a Clear Europe training, feel free to tweet it to us.
- What do consumers want from brands on social media? See the results for yourself via Social Media Today’s post on how to create a social media content strategy.