Unlock your organisation’s potential on the largest visual social media platform
With more than 1 billion users, Instagram has quickly become a social media powerhouse. However, it is a completely different platform from LinkedIn, Twitter or even its parent company, Facebook, thanks to its mobile-first approach and visual-focused design.
After this session, you will be equipped with the skills you need to make the most of your business profile on Instagram. You will understand the principles of building your community, how to post content that gets people’s attention and how to measure success on the platform.
- Introduction to Instagram and how it compares to other platforms
- Optimising your profile – perfecting your bio, the ‘rule of 9,’ geotags
- Exercise: Writing a killer Instagram caption
- Stories vs. posts vs. IGTV
- Finding the right audience
- Exercise: Hashtag research
- Instagram for Business – benefits, analytics, advertising
- Exercise: What should you track?
- Examples of successful brands on Instagram
- Additional tools and resources to take your profile to the next level
Ali Colwell is a social media trainer, copywriter and the Marketing & Communication Manager of Clear Europe. She is an ace writer and an avid tech enthusiast who can take highly complex concepts and turn them into clear, easy-to-understand communication. Her previous work includes helping finance and technology companies in Belgium and New York elevate their social media branding.