How to craft powerful messages and create a strategy to communicate them
How do you start to communicate? Would you directly try to set up an interview with the Financial Times? But, what if your business objective is to increase the sales of a new facial cream? Sometimes a piece of news is really important to your company – a new product for example. But is this also news for the press? If so, for what type of media? And how will you sell your story?
This course will teach you the basic building blocks of communicating clearly, succinctly and successfully. By the end of the day you should know what your key messages are, who you are trying to communicate them to and have a clear communication plan for your organization.
- Why communicate? What is your public relations goal?
- ‘Know your enemy’ – how to make a situation analysis
- Know what you want to say – crafting messages
- Exercise: what’s your elevator pitch?
- Know who you’re saying it to – who is your target audience?
- Exercise: Creating your communication plan
- Know how to say it – what tools and techniques are you going to use to make your point?
- How to measure success in communications
Contact us if you need help crafting messages or testing them out on real journalists.
This course can be done online or in person.
What our participants say
"Very helpful course. Good and practical examples. Great trainer too – a good listener who provided valuable feedback."Daniela McFarren, Fire Safe Europe