How to write website copy that’s easy to read, find and share
Writing for the web is fundamentally different than for print. Why? Because web copy is scanned quickly, not read leisurely. Users are impatiently searching for information and are easily distracted by all the rich content online. So how can you write texts that stand out?
In this workshop we’ll show you how to make your copy readable, actionable, findable and shareable. You’ll learn the essentials of how to write great website copy for your business or organisation and how to structure your information for more web traffic and clicks. By the end of the course, you’ll be better equipped to connect with your target audience with relevant, web-tailored content.
- Introduction to web writing
- Why plain English is best
- The three ‘C’s’ of web writing – clear, crisp and conversational
- How people read your content – and what this means for your writing
- Practical tips to make your copy scannable
- Writing killer headlines
- How to structure longer content
- SEO: What it is, and why it matters
This course can be done online or in person.
What our participants say
"Great session. Informative, great tips, dynamic trainer. Practical advice and hands on exercises."Daniela McFarren, Fire Safe Europe
"Eye opening. Very interesting and fun presentation! Many great tips on tools we can use in the future. It exceeded my expectations."Louise Svensson, Skåne European Office