You probably know us as one of Europe’s leading providers of media, journalism and communication training. But did you know we also provide copywriting services ranging from writing speeches to drafting op-eds to editing annual reports for companies such as Qualcomm and Allianz? If you have a conference that needs writing up, a text that needs editing or an article that needs to be written, contact us and we’ll assign one of our writers to help you out.
COMMUNICATING HUMAN RIGHTS – THE RIGHT WAY
Our Managing Director Gareth Harding was one of a small group of media experts invited to Vienna to advise the EU’s Fundamental Rights Agency on how to better communicate human rights issues. Gareth also spoke to human rights defenders in the European Parliament on how to get their stories in the media.
THINGS WE’VE LIKED ON SOCIAL MEDIA
- When journalism meets Silicon Valley: AP interviewed media and technology executives on the relationship between journalism and technology.
- Brett Kobie, FleishmanHillard’s digital maestro, has some great tips on social video.
- Interactive storytelling is the combination of three things: story, technology and interactivity. See how storytelling can create experiences that shape individuals, communities and cultures around the world.
- Does public speaking make you anxious? Here are a few ways to overcome your fear of speaking in public.
- Social media is like the tip of an iceberg, with a far larger and very differently shaped profile lurking beneath the surface.
- Dump the PowerPoint and listen to the crowds. The results might surprise you and them.
- Growth in social media for news is flattening out in some markets as messaging apps that offer more privacy become more popular. Read more insights from the Reuters Institute.
MAKE MINE A MOJITO!
Thanks to everyone who came to our summer cocktail party on June 15 – and to the wonderful barmen from Le Tigre for mixing the mojitos, margaritas, spritzs and G&Ts.
Want to avoid going viral for giving a car-crash interview? Then:
- Never, ever, do an interview if you’re unprepared
- If you need more time, take more time
- Thoroughly prepare messages and proof points
- Anticipate questions and rehearse answers
- Take our Mastering Media Interviews course!