Working with influencers, video interview tips and so much more – check out our February newsletter
LEARN TO WRITE WITH IMPACT
Interested in taking your writing skills to the next level?
Join MD Gareth Harding for a one-day course on writing with impact, in partnership with the European Centre for Public Affairs. On March 28, learn how to write:
- Punchy op-eds
- Sparkling quotes
- Memorable speeches
- Powerful position papers
Register here and get the full details. We look forward to seeing you there!
HOW TO WIN FRIENDS AND INFLUENCE SOCIAL MEDIA
Is your organisation having trouble effectively spreading its message across social media?
Maybe it’s time to consider an alternative option: investing in social media influencer campaigns.
If you haven’t heard, influencers are for more than just promoting fancy watches and weight loss tea! More and more influencers are turning to social and political causes as well.
Our Marketing & Communication Manager Ali Colwell explores five reasons to work with influencers on your next campaign – with bonus tips for getting started.
WHAT YOU ABSOLUTELY NEED TO KNOW BEFORE DOING A MEDIA INTERVIEW
Ever seen a press interview that makes you cringe?
We’ve seen way too many examples of people making outlandish assertions without a scrap of evidence, like hapless Brexiteer John Whittingdale above.
To avoid going viral for all the wrong reasons, read Gareth Harding’s latest post about the importance of getting your messages and proof points in order before talking to journalists.
HOW TO GENERATE IMPACT THROUGH VIDEO STORYTELLING
Shooting videos is easy. But telling audiovisual stories is hard.
In the next edition of News & Booze on March 11, we’ll hear from Laure Cops and Berber Verpoest from Nunam, a creative studio that shapes and makes audiovisual stories.
Are you ready for movie night? Full details and registration can be found here. Don’t forget the popcorn! 🍿
- How can you reach your brand’s social media goals? Let’s look at a few dos and don’ts from Social Media Today.
- Our trainer Steffen Thejll-Moller shared his 10 commandments for using digital sensibly in EU public affairs. Are you maximising your digital potential?
- If everyone we coached were as clear, concise and coherent as 16-year-old climate campaigner Greta Thunberg, we’d be out of business!
- In case you missed it, check out our advice on how to write a sparkling press release. Spoiler alert: it isn’t advertising or marketing.
- Special thanks to Jack Schickler for sending in this piece of car-crash prose from the European Parliament. Jack wondered whether we have an award for the worst jargon. We don’t, but we will. Send us your ugliest examples.
- Check out this personal piece on Gareth Harding’s mixed feelings about becoming Belgian – by accident.