We are looking for a Communication Officer to join our small but growing team in Brussels.
Our ideal candidate is someone who is media-savvy, super-techy, passionate about clear communication and enthusiastic about promoting an exciting young company. You will have at least three years experience working in business development, consultancy, marketing or communication and be comfortable multi-tasking in a start-up environment.
- Organising training sessions and liaising with coaches and clients
- Managing Clear Europe’s Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn accounts
- Writing and editing a monthly newsletter about the company’s activities
- Creating presentations, infographics and marketing content
- Managing and updating the website
- Filming interviews and training sessions
- Promoting the company at conferences, on social media and via targeted marketing campaigns
- Responding to requests for quotes, seeking new business opportunities and partnerships, and answering calls for tender
- Dealing with invoices and expenses
- Native or near native English.
- Other languages – particularly French – a plus.
- Strong technical skills – especially Adobe suites, social media and WordPress
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Photography/camera and photo editing skills
- Ability to work independently in a small company
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to work to tight deadlines
- Passionate about media, journalism and communication
- Business and marketing experience. Bookkeeping skills a plus
- Ability to code, graphic design and video editing skills
- Interest in politics and knowledge of EU
- Experience organising events or running communication campaigns
This is a full-time position. The contract can either be as an employee or freelancer/independent. The salary is competitive and based on experience. The expected starting date is as soon as possible.
Please do not apply unless you have perfect English, communication/marketing experience or education and excellent digital skills. If you are studying politics, EU studies or international relations and are interested in a career in the European institutions or academia this may not be the right place for you.
Please send a CV and cover letter explaining why you want to work for Clear Europe, how you would improve our communication efforts and how you would help us grow to Gareth Harding, Managing Director: email@example.com
Due to the volume of applications expected, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Only candidates with the right to work in Belgium will be considered. Deadline for applications: October 8.