How to tell online stories that get your organisation noticed in the digital world
Today’s wired world creates a brand new communication dynamic, requiring new digital skills. But building a digital strategy is not just about technology, it is also about the stories we tell. That is why you need to think beyond your organisation’s website, ensure your content ranks high on web search engines and learn to become an interesting online storyteller.
Our aim is to teach you how to get your message across in the digital arena so that your online strategy aligns with the communication goals of your organization. Rather than building a website and then deciding how to communicate online, we want you to develop a structured approach to digital thinking. This means learning how to produce engaging online content and promote it so that people notice it and act on it. We want you to walk away with hands-on experience of how to craft a digital strategy for your organization.
- Understanding why a digital strategy matters to achieve your communication goals: online reputation management and trust
- Online storytelling – how to tell a good story and create a content strategy
- Website analysis – what makes a good website, how do you map one out?
- Writing for the web – how to make your content compelling for search engines
- Search engine ranking and optimization: how to get higher search rankings and spice up stale content
- Social media – how to use major social media channels professionally
- How to put all this into a strategic plan
Paul Schuchhard has worked for over 15 years in digital communication. He has been director of digital strategy and of online communication for major consultancies such as APCO, Interel and Burson-Marsteller. He created online lobby and reputation management strategies for organisations such as P&G and Coca-Cola. He also worked for four years for the European Internet Foundation before setting up his own digital agency EUIQ. See Paul’s full profile
What our participants say
" An interesting introduction to digital strategy building. I especially enjoyed the personal feedback on our websites, HTML basics advice and SEO tips. "Claire Veale, Programme & Youth Officer, European Development Days
" Paul is an expert trainer. He is well-prepared, interactive and personal. "Ton Nicolai MD, EUROCAM Spokesman & Coordinator