HOW TRUMP HAS UPENDED MEDIA POLICY
Instead of telling the truth, Trump lies with shameless abandon. Instead of courting the electorate, he insults large chunks of it. And instead of currying favour with the press, he wages war on it. Our MD Gareth Harding on how Trump has broken almost every media relations rule and what this means for communication and PR professionals.
NEWS & BOOZE – DATA STORYTELLING
How can we use data to tell better stories? This was the theme of our second News & Booze workshop for NGO communicators that Clear Europe hosted along with Julia Ravenscroft and Conscience Consulting on February 27. According to Daniel Fritz, data analyst at the European Commission, we need to combine the crafts of storytelling and data mining to explain, engage and enlighten our audiences.
Here are some of Daniel’s other tips for better data storytelling:
Our next News & Booze event is about how to work with broadcast media on March 27. Please join our Facebook group for more information.
THINGS WE’VE LIKED ON SOCIAL MEDIA
- 100 years of European politics in one fantastic graph – an example of brilliant data/visual journalism. H/T Simon Hix.
- UNESCO’s practical handbook for journalists reporting terrorism. (Via EFJ)
- Learn how to speak like a leader & master your audience, with Simon Lancaster at TedxVerona.
- An attack on French reporter by Le Pen’s security staff. Strongly condemn this action, freedom of the press must be upheld. H/T Bojan Pancevski.
- The Top 10 Social Media Blogs of 2017 – Buffer, Spider Working & Social Media Hats among the winners.
TRAINER PROFILE: DANNY SCHEINMANN
Our storytelling trainer – actor, film-maker, bestselling author, screenwriter – Danny Scheinmann discusses how storytelling works in a professional environment and how to be a master of your message. Discover more of Danny’s storytelling secrets here.